Dishwasher Repair Philadelphia - House Appliance Repairs
A dishwasher is an essential appliance in any modern kitchen, simplifying cleaning and reducing the time spent on chores. However, like any appliance, dishwashers can experience issues that require professional repair. At House Appliance Repairs, we specialize in providing top-notch dishwasher repair services in Philadelphia. Our team of skilled technicians is dedicated to helping you get your dishwasher back in working order as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Scrape the dishes
One of the most important steps to ensure maximum Dishwasher Longevity, is properly scraping the food of the dishes before putting them on the dishwasher. Although most of the dishwashers come with a food chopper, they’re designed to break small and soft food particles. Also, the food particles have to go through a fine filter first, so scraping excess food is also important to prevent filters from clogging. If a piece of bone, seeds, or any solid food particle make its way to the dishwasher, it’s very likely that it will clog the pump, damage the food chopper or the pump impeller.
Periodically clean the pump, filters and spray arms
Over time, food and hard water can build up and partially clog the water ways, causing poor cleaning. Use a brush to scrub the filters, and run water through the spray arms while using a pokey tool to remove all the particles that might be stuck in there. Accessing these parts is fairly easy, refer to the User Manual for more information.
Protect your household appliances with a cost-effective subscription-based warranty today! Call 215-444-9988 to work with local pros and eliminate the middleman today!
If the dishwasher is packed with dishes that can restrict the water flow causing poor cleaning. You also always want to make sure that silverware or dishes did not slip through the dishwasher rack, if something blocks the spray arm it will cause poor cleaning or even a leak.
Removing Buildup, Smells or Mold
Buildups will result with poor cleaning, also cause glasses to be sparkly or cloudy after wash. To remove buildups and smells you can use an acid like White Vinegar, Tang, Lemon juice or Lemon Powder. If the solution your using is liquid, like vinegar, pour a cup or two on a glass and place it in the top rack. You can also pour it in the bottom of the dishwasher (note: most dishwashers drain first when started, wait till its finished, when it starts filling pause it and pour the solution). If your using powder, you need to put it in the soap dispenser.
After that run the dishwasher through a quick cycle, it is also advised to pause the dishwasher mid-cycle for 20/30 mins so the solution your using can do its magic. Finally, running one last cycle with bleach will get rid of any mold or mildew and ensure that your dishes are sanitized and spotless. If your dishwasher is Stainless Steel, then do not use bleach, use a product like Tang instead. Also remember to not mix bleach with any acid. You should also spray bleach or tang and wipe the corners (gasket area, bottom of dishwasher) or even the outside to remove or prevent smell and mold buildup.
Common Dishwasher Problems:
- Dishwasher not starting: A dishwasher that doesn’t start can be frustrating, but the issue could be due to a faulty door latch, a malfunctioning control panel, or a problem with the power supply.
- Dishwasher not draining: A dishwasher that doesn’t drain properly can lead to standing water and potential odors. A clogged drain, a damaged drain pump, or a malfunctioning drain valve may cause this issue.
- Dishes not getting clean: If your dishes aren’t coming out clean, it could be due to a clogged spray arm, insufficient water pressure, or an issue with the detergent dispenser.
- Dishwasher leaking: A leaking dishwasher can damage your kitchen floor and cabinets. Common causes include a damaged door seal, a loose hose connection, or a cracked tub
- Dishwasher making loud noises: Unusual noises from your dishwasher may indicate a problem with the motor, the pump assembly, or the spray arm.
Our Dishwasher Repair Process:
At House Appliance Repairs, we follow a comprehensive process to diagnose and repair your dishwasher, ensuring the highest level of service.
- Pl ease schedule an appointment:Visit our website at www.houseappliancerepairs.com/dishwasher-repair or call us to schedule an appointment with one of our expert technicians.
- Diagnosis: Our technician will arrive at your home and thoroughly inspect your dishwasher to determine the root cause of the problem.
- Repair estimate: Once the issue has been identified, our technician will provide a detailed repair estimate, including parts and labor costs.
- Repair: With your approval, our technician will proceed with the necessary repairs, using high-quality parts and industry-leading techniques to ensure a long-lasting solution.
- Post-repair testing: After completing the repairs, our technician will test your dishwasher to ensure it’s functioning correctly and meeting performance expectations.
- Cleanup: Our technicians constantly clean up after themselves, leaving your kitchen as tidy as they found it.
Dishwasher Maintenance Tips: Keep Your Dishwasher Running Smoothly and Efficiently
A well-maintained dishwasher is essential for clean and sanitary dishes and a smoothly functioning kitchen. Proper care and maintenance of your dishwasher can help extend its lifespan, ensure optimal performance, and save energy. With these dishwasher maintenance tips, you can keep your dishwasher running efficiently and effectively for years to come.
- Clean the filter regularly.
- Inspect and clean the spray arms.
- Use a suitable detergent and rinse aid.
- Keep the door seal clean.
- Run the dishwasher regularly.
- Load dishes properly
- Check and clean the drain.
- Perform a vinegar cycle.
- Inspect the hoses
Brands We Repair
Some of the brands we repair are:
Our Serving Areas
Super Quality Work And Commitment
Why Should Choose Us?
Never pay more then your prepared to, or more then you have to. Request a Quote or ask for one when calling, and a technician will give you a detailed estimate as to what you should expect to pay on parts and labor.
Online Pricing & Free Quotes
You can Request a Free Quote online and an expert technician will get back to you with details.
No Hidden Fees
After a hands-on diagnose of your appliance, you'll be given an estimate. If you don't agree to it, you'll pay a Service Call charge only.
Instantaneous Appliance Repair
We have a truck full of parts, our goal is to do over 75% of repairs on the spot.
Honest business practices
You can request to be contacted by a technician who will be happy to give you simple Do-It-Yourself tips, a detailed quote and advise without you having to spend a dime.
Superior Customer Service
Honesty, attention to detail and our willingness to go out of our way to satisfy you is what sets us apart.
Acceptance of all major credit cards
We accept Cash, Check and Credit Cards: American Express, Discovery, Visa, MasterCard.
Contact Us Today
If you are not sure if you want to repair or replace your appliance, request a Free Quote and one of our technicians will get back to you with a detailed quote of what to expect and advise on how to move forward. Answering time depends on the technicians availability, and it might take anywhere from 15 minutes to 12 hours to respond. Send us an email by entering your details and any comments you may have in the form.
What Our Clients Often Asks:
Is it worth repairing my dishwasher, or should I buy a new one?
Determining whether to repair or replace your dishwasher depends on factors such as the appliance’s age, the damage’s extent, and the repair cost. If the repair cost is more than 50% of the cost of a new dishwasher, replacing the appliance may be more cost-effective. Additionally, consider replacing your dishwasher with a more unique, energy-efficient model if it is over ten years old.
How long does a dishwasher repair usually take?
The time it takes to repair a dishwasher depends on the complexity of the issue and the availability of replacement parts. A professional technician can diagnose and repair a dishwasher within a few hours. However, the repair could take longer if particular aspects need to be ordered.
Can I repair my dishwasher myself?
While some minor dishwasher repairs can be done by the homeowner, such as cleaning the filter or unclogging the spray arms, more complex repairs should be left to professionals. Attempting to repair your dishwasher without the proper knowledge and tools can lead to further damage and void your appliance’s warranty.
What are some common dishwasher problems that require repair?
Common dishwasher problems that may require professional repair include:
- The dishwasher doesn’t start or has no power
- The dishwasher doesn’t fill with water or overfills
- The dishwasher doesn’t drain properly
- The dishwasher doesn’t clean dishes effectively
- The dishwasher is leaking
- The dishwasher makes excessive noise during operation
- The dishwasher door doesn’t latch or close properly
Do you offer a warranty on your dishwasher repair services?
Warranty policies vary among appliance repair companies. It’s essential to ask about the warranty offered by your chosen repair service. A reputable company typically provides a warranty on their labor and the parts they use, giving you peace of mind and protection for your investment.
Are your technicians certified and experienced in dishwasher repair?
When choosing an appliance repair service, it’s essential to ensure that their technicians are certified and experienced in repairing various dishwasher brands and models. That ensures they have the expertise and knowledge to diagnose and fix your dishwasher correctly and efficiently.
Can you provide a quote for dishwasher repair before the technician arrives?
Many appliance repair companies offer phone or online estimates based on the information you provide about your dishwasher issue. However, remember that these quotes may change after the technician has had a chance to diagnose the problem in person. Always request a detailed, written quote before repair work begins to avoid unexpected charges.